St. Patrick’s Day Fun With Your Dog
March 5, 2020
Feeling the luck of the Irish? If you are planning a little shamrock shenanigans this St. Patrick’s Day and want to make it Dog-Friendly, here are 10 things to inspire you for St. Patrick’s Day Fun With Your Dog:
- Pub Crawl with your Pup – there are pup crawls and pet-friendly pub crawls happening across the country!!! Join the fun and get the best wet kisses of the night. If you don’t have one in your area, why don’t you organize one – Here are tips for organizing your own pub crawl. Sport this adorable Luck of the Irish Collar and your pup won’t get pinched, but might get some friendly pats St Patrick’s Day.
- Visit a Local Bar with pup in toe – many local pubs plan a St Patrick’s Day celebration. Add a little green to you and your pup’s attire and make a great entrance. Here are some Pet Friendly Bars in the USA ready to celebrate with you. Stroll in with this Luck of the Irish Dog Leash and you are covered when it comes to wearing green!!!!
- St Patrick’s Day Parade – many towns have a parade to honor St. Patrick’s Day and many welcome pups to join the parade or of course watch the parade. Stroll the parade adorned in green and bring lots of smiles. Reader’s Digest shares their picks for the best 16 St Patrick’s Day Parades in the USA. Sport a fun canine dog costume like this adorable Leprechaun Hat and Beard Dog Costume. If your dog wears green does that mean you are wearing green!!!!
- Day at the Park – make your own party, at the park, with green toys in toe like this green dog bone, green blanket and homemade green dog treats. Pack the picnic basket with pet and people goodies! This green and leather backpack is a great way to keep it all together and take what you need for the day. Enjoy the day!!!
- Visit a School – there are many schools in most areas that get very little parental support, visits and extra attention the kids really need. Why not dress up your pup and hit the books and share a little love and attention with kids who really need it. Even a little time with a pup can truly be healing!!! Here are a few St. Patrick’s Themed Kids books – you can grab them on Amazon and leave them with the class. You efforts will make such a difference. Contact the school to find out their visitor and pet policy to make sure they are able to handle it or if they can host it outside to make it easier. Pete the Cat; Lucky Tucker; and How to Catch a Leprechaun.
- St Patrick’s Day Photo Shoot – grab a green boa, green pet glasses and a fun bow tie and take some fun pictures of your pet or with your pet. A fun idea to post on St. Patrick’s Day or print and send cards to your best pet lovers. Make a DIY sign with a fun saying that your pup can wear or sit beside. A great way to remember each holiday and just fun to capture the moments. Here are some great ideas for taking photos of your pets – Pet Photography Ideas and Inspiration on Pinterest.
- Host a St. Patrick’s Day Pet and People Party – any excuse for a party, why not host a party where pets are welcome and everyone can hang out in their green, maybe have a few games and prizes and share the luck of the Irish. Serve food and treats in these fun green plaid dog bowls and send them home after as fun party favors.
- Spend a Day on the Trails – Spring is close by, throw on a couple of green hoodies and head outside to enjoy the day!!! We are loving this Lucky Charm Dog Hoodie and of course these Green Dog Hiking Boots. These are great for a dog parade or pup crawl too!!!
- Just Stay Home for Pet Night – use St Patrick’s Day as a great excuse to stay home and snuggle with your favorite 4 legged friend. Watch some fun Lucky movies P.S. I love You Movie; Secret of Kells and Leap Year Movie.
- Make Homemade St Patrick’s Day Dog Treats – share the love on St. Patrick’s Day and make homemade dog treats for your pup and share with dog lovers at work, gym or at the dog park. There are so many great dog treat recipes out there for green dog treats, or add a little food coloring that is dog safe or wrap them in a bag with a green ribbon. The heart shaped dog treats featured were created by www.helloonnature.com
So contemplating a wild night on the town, a day at the park or snuggling at home for St. Patrick’s Day this year? We get that, we hope these ideas inspire you to choose the right way to celebrate the Luck of the Irish. Wishing you the best of luck when it comes to wet kisses, wagging tails and no pinches!!! To see more great products from Wild Love Tails, visit our online pet shop filled with products for pets and people or visit our Pinterest Board with St. Patrick’s Day fun for Pets and People.
If you are located in NW Arkansas – you might at this Core Brewing Event that is most definitely Dog Friendly – St Patrick’s Day at Core Brewing